Lemon Pastries - Paleo
Nutritional info: Calories 244, Fat 16.5 g, Protein 9.5 g, Carbohydrates 19.9 g. Servings: 4
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 c. almond meal
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 dates pits removed
- 6 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease 4 cups of a muffin pan (or line with 4 paper liners).
- Place the almond meal, lemon juice and dates in a food processor and blend
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the muffin cups to form a layer of crust.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- In a sauce pan over low heat, mix the lemon juice, lemon zest and honey.
- Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs together in a bowl.
- Carefully pour the eggs into the mixture while whisking.
- Remove from the heat and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the filling into the crust you made earlier and refrigerate.
- Allow the filling to set before you serve.