Have you been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes? Don’t despair. This article will teach you how to reverse diabetes. Keep reading to learn what you need to know!
Can Diabetes be Reversed?
If you are willing to make the necessary dietary changes, it’s possible to reverse type 2 diabetes. This can be accomplished by limiting your consumption of carbohydrates.
Do you really have to cut out the carbs? Yes!
- Carbohydrates turn into glucose.
- Normally, insulin carries glucose from the bloodstream into the body’s cells.
- But diabetic patients are insulin resistant.
- That means glucose remains in the bloodstream. This is known as high blood sugar.
- When glucose gets stuck in the bloodstream, all kinds of problems can result.
If the disease is allowed to progress, diabetes could lead to the following complications:
- Cardiovascular disease
- Kidney damage
- Eye damage
- Infections leading to amputations
Yikes! That sure doesn’t sound good.
But don’t give up. As already mentioned, you can control blood sugar and even reverse diabetes by changing your diet.
Yes, this will require some sacrifices. But aren’t those sacrifices worth it? After all, giving up certain foods is easier to bear than suffering from the health issues listed above.
But that’s not all. If you successfully reverse diabetes, you can also get off your medications. Of course, this should always be done under a doctor’s supervision.
The Best Diet to Help Diabetes
Remember, the key to reversing diabetes is limiting carbohydrate consumption. Sugar, one of the components that makes up carbohydrates, should also be limited.
Here are a few examples of the foods you need to avoid:
- Refined carbohydrates, such as white bread, white pasta, and white rice
- Starchy vegetables, like potatoes
- Processed sugar
- Fried foods
- Sugary cereals
- Processed/packaged foods, such as premade meals, cookies, chips, canned soups, etc.
- Fast food
- Low-fat foods, which typically contain sugar
- Sugary desserts
Now for the fun part. The foods you can eat! Here is an overview of the delicious foods you can enjoy without guilt:
- Healthy proteins, such as eggs, poultry, seafood, and meat
- Foods full of healthy fats, like olive oil, fish oil, whole-fat dairy, butter, and avocado
- A wide array of fruits and vegetables
Every meal should include the right balance of fat and protein. This is especially important when eating fruit, as the sugar from the fruit needs to be balanced out by those two important macronutrients.
Get the Help You Need
Feeling a bit overwhelmed? Not quite sure where to start?
Stop stressing. You don’t have to attempt this challenge on your own. Instead, Dr. Jonathan Spages can help.
He is an expert on the best diet to help diabetes. He’s already helped countless clients overcome their struggles with type 2 diabetes. If you want proof, there’s plenty of it here!
With trustworthy guidance from Dr. Jonathan Spages, you will know exactly what to eat. And that means you can reach your goal of reversing diabetes!
Want to learn more about how to reverse diabetes? Register for Dr. Spage’s live webinar!